Tuesday 8 January 2013

Kenny explains it all

"Plank" position
image source unknown

Back in December our friend Martin devised a new fitness plan for us following on from the bleep test. (My phone autocorrected this to "sleep test" which I think we would have all been a lot happier with). Sarah, Elli and I (because we work with Martin) have been given targets in press ups, sit ups, walking and plank position. Every day we need to do 15 press ups, 20 sit ups, at least 8000 steps and one minute of the yoga plank position. Easy, right?
This progresses to 12000 steps, 20 press ups, 25 sit ups and 2 minutes plank in the second week, and by the third week we (super-humans that we are) will be doing 25 press ups, 30 sit ups, 12,000 steps and three minutes of the plank!


My amazing hot chocolate
Elli managed to lose her pedometer on the first day and has hidden Sarah's pack so I'm clearly winning!

[edit: I haven't hidden it, it's been waiting patiently in my living room, I'm just too forgetful to take it into work!]

No press ups or plank so far but I've had a maximum day of 16.5k steps and my average day at work is 14k steps so I'm doing well. Having said that I ate four weightwatchers lemon slices for lunch and made the most amazing white hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows last night (I was a bit stressed, alright!) so Elli is threatening to make me do MyFitness calorie counting for a day!

Anyway, massive thanks to Martin for our fitness programme, looking forward to the next bleep test. Okay, "looking forward" is almost definitely too strong a phrase, but it will definitely be interesting.




On another subject, why on earth are the supermarkets stocking easter eggs on 1st January?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your encouragement and training tips!